Saturday, October 9, 2010

Long time!

Dear Family,

I used to send monthly emails to all of you, to let you know how I was doing! Then while I was in Florida you received weekly emails. Then I came home, and you have heard nothing. I've given your email inboxes a rest. =)  I would like to let everyone know how I'm doing on a regular basis, but I don't want to be bothersome. I'm trying to decide whether or not to only put updates on my blog ( and my family's blog (, or to keep emailing updates monthly. If anyone has a preference, let me know.

Also, I would absolutely love to hear from all of you. I feel like this is a beautiful way to use technology: keeping in touch and having conversations with those who are important to us, but don't live close by. I don't want this to be all about me, I just want to become even closer to all of you.

Most of you have seen me since I came home, but not everyone has. So I'll start there. I got back from Florida at the beginning of December.  I spent all of December living at home and I was able to spend Christmas with my family. I think I also drove my mom crazy by trying to reorganize the basement (I had to keep busy!). In January I went to Snow College and was there for just one semester. I was roommates with Whitney, my amazing sister, and that was awesome. I really enjoyed going to school with her. =) While at Snow College, I also dated Jake, the tall redhead that most of you saw me with in December. Another thing I did at Snow College was prepare for the Music Therapy program audition at USU. I found a wonderful voice teacher who helped me prepare on my voice, the piano, and the guitar, and I auditioned in February. Miracle of miracles, I made it into the program!

Right before the semester ended, Jake and I broke up. It was a mutual decision, and we're still friends. Whitney and I moved home for the summer. After a few weeks of working with a temp agency, I was hired back to my old job in the IT Dept. at Phone Directories Company, now known as Ziplocal. It was great to be back with my awesome co-workers! I really enjoy that job. As far as church, I was called to be a Primary teacher, and got to teach the 5 year olds with Whitney and my mom. As far as dating, I went on dates with a few different people at the beginning of the summer, and by the end of June I was only dating Jeffrey, and we're currently still dating. I've known him since I was five (his younger sister Becca has been my friend since Kindergarten, and we were roommates for two years at BYU-Idaho. Also, his my mom and my mom have been friends since I was five as well). He's definitely a unique person, and his best qualities are his intelligence, his kindness, and his faith. He has incredible faith. =)

The summer ended, and I moved up to Logan to attend Utah State University, studying Music Therapy. This semester I'm mostly just cleaning up the messes and gaps that transferring schools made. I'm taking a lot of freshmen classes, in other words. But next semester I should be able to really start getting into my Music Therapy classes, and will get to start going deeper. I'm looking forward to that. I have a great ward, and I was called to serve on the Relief Society Meeting committee. I'm excited about that, and grateful I can help ensure that our meetings are focused on our purpose, and full of the Spirit. My roommates are great; they're all very considerate and happy people. I don't get to see Jeff very often because he's attending BYU, working on his master's degree in Psychology, but we try to see each other on the weekends. 

So...that's what I've been up to for the last ten months! For the most part. I would love to hear how you are doing. Please let me know! And I hope these long emails aren't overwhelming. Ignore them if they are.

Love you all, and hope to hear from you!

No comments: