So, moving on!
I have a plan to do things a little differently. Instead of one hobby each month, I'll have two or three hobbies for each quarter. This is because I don't always get myself involved right away, and before I know it, the month is over! Also, I like the variety.
For the First Quarter of 2017:
1. Board games
2. Creating music content for a YouTube channel
3. Embracing the inner nerd through
- Harry Potter (listening to the books, listening to related podcasts, finding opportunities to talk about Harry Potter with others, creating art using my favorite quotes)
- Star Wars (reading "William Shakespeare's Star Wars" by Ian Doescher, watching the movies again, learning more back story)
- Avatar The Last Airbender (checking out the next comic from the library once it is published, possibly doing art projects, re-watching favorite episodes)
- The Princess Bride (re-reading that wonderful book)
One of the main things I've learned is that I love doing things with others (though in small groups). Board games will definitely involve other people, which is what I want. Creating music will have alone work as well as collaborative work; I hope to be making music with others. And embracing my inner nerd can be done either alone or with others.
I've also learned I usually need a project or an end-goal to motivate me. Game nights are the end-goal for the researching and purchasing of board games. Sharing music online will be the goal for the second hobby. My inner nerd hobby doesn't necessarily need an end-goal as much as the others do, but I have some defined goals listed above in parentheses.
If you'd like to join me in any hobbies let me know! Also let me know of your favorite board games so I can look into them, your favorite songs so I can try arranging and performing them, and your favorite epic stories so I can read/watch them.
Happy New Year!