So, moving on!
I have a plan to do things a little differently. Instead of one hobby each month, I'll have two or three hobbies for each quarter. This is because I don't always get myself involved right away, and before I know it, the month is over! Also, I like the variety.
For the First Quarter of 2017:
1. Board games
2. Creating music content for a YouTube channel
3. Embracing the inner nerd through
- Harry Potter (listening to the books, listening to related podcasts, finding opportunities to talk about Harry Potter with others, creating art using my favorite quotes)
- Star Wars (reading "William Shakespeare's Star Wars" by Ian Doescher, watching the movies again, learning more back story)
- Avatar The Last Airbender (checking out the next comic from the library once it is published, possibly doing art projects, re-watching favorite episodes)
- The Princess Bride (re-reading that wonderful book)
One of the main things I've learned is that I love doing things with others (though in small groups). Board games will definitely involve other people, which is what I want. Creating music will have alone work as well as collaborative work; I hope to be making music with others. And embracing my inner nerd can be done either alone or with others.
I've also learned I usually need a project or an end-goal to motivate me. Game nights are the end-goal for the researching and purchasing of board games. Sharing music online will be the goal for the second hobby. My inner nerd hobby doesn't necessarily need an end-goal as much as the others do, but I have some defined goals listed above in parentheses.
If you'd like to join me in any hobbies let me know! Also let me know of your favorite board games so I can look into them, your favorite songs so I can try arranging and performing them, and your favorite epic stories so I can read/watch them.
Happy New Year!
We just borrowed all of the Star wars movies from my parents so we can re-watch hopefully one per week. Definitely open to discussions. Also songs that I would love to hear you arrange and I think fit well for music therapy would be fight song and stand by you by Rachel Platten.
I would love to help you out with any of these hobbies if you need me. We have all the Harry Potter and Star Wars movies, lots of fun board games,and some recording equipment you can borrow, for example. Also, I love that you are embracing your fandoms!!! Nerds rule!
Post a Comment